Friday, July 29, 2011

The harvest...

I harvested my corn... last night, I pulled two ears for dinner w/the girl. They tasted really good. Sweet corn, as advertised..

They were not really red kernels. They had red spots on them and the cornsilk was red.. maybe they cross-polinated with someone else's corn in the area.

I ended up with 16 edible ears (not including the ones from last night). Only two of them ended up being "supermarket sized."  The rest were medium to small.

My broccoli is coming up weird.. just like last year. I have healthy adult plants but they are not producing heads... just these long stalks with little tiny heads on them. I am doing something wrong or I am just not cut out to grow the stuff.

I'll sow some more corn next week. I should be able to pick that by the end of September or early October.

No comments:

Post a Comment